Instant Pot IP-Smart Pressure Cooker Review (Must Read)!
Why would you read this Instant Pot IP-Smart Pressure Cooker Review? It’s not every day when you go shop pressure cookers. But the one day when you do go out or get online to buy one, you always try to look for the best.
Although electric pressure cookers are already advanced in technology, this very item is a step way ahead of that advancement. It is possibly the first Instant Pot Bluetooth Enabled Multi Cooker. To know further, have a look at this review.
This Pressure Cooker is Truly Smart
There are already a huge number of electric pressure cookers available today. So what sets this Instant Pot Smart Cooker apart? This is probably the first time Bluetooth technology is used in a kitchenware that is in the Instant Pot IP-Smart.
For using this feature, you must have an Android/iPhone/iPad app on your phone, with which you can operate the cooker from a certain distance. This actually gives you a limitless boundary to rule over. You can expand the cooker’s functionality by adding cooking apps to it.
Instant Pot IP-Smart is Strong As Steel
It is no exaggeration. I’ve tested the strength before writing Instant Pot IP-Smart Pressure Cooker Review. The IP-Smart pressure cooker’s inner pot is indeed made of 18/5 food grade 304 stainless steel. This makes the pot resistant to all sorts of wear and tear.
The external body of the pressure cooker, though made of steel, is not stainless. It is primarily painted with heat resistant paint. So, it won’t harm if you touch the body while the cooker is working.
This Pressure Cooker Offers Multitudes Of Functionality
The Bluetooth is not the only big feature of this multifunctional pressure cooker, though it is a primary feature. The IP-Smart offers a huge variety of cooking options. This one cooker performs the function of many – slow cooker, rice cooker, porridge maker, steamer, Sauté Pan, yogurt maker, food warmer and more.
It has 14 different cooking programs preset into its user interface. You can easily start cooking by pressing a button or two. It has 3 temperature settings for sautéing and slow cooking. You can also manually set the pressure and time if you want. The cooker also keeps your food warm due to its Keep Warm feature automatically after cooking is done.
The Highlight is the App that Comes with This Pressure Cooker
I’ve been talking about the app all through my Instant Pot IP-Smart Pressure Cooker Review. This app is amazing when you consider that you can create your own recipe with it.
Through this smart pressure cooker, you can even choose the temperature, cooking pressure and play with ingredients with this app. This fully customizable app lets you download the recipes. For that, you’ll need to head to websites like Hip Pressure Cooking. This website shares Instant Pot IP-Smart Bluetooth Enabled Multifunctional Pressure Cooker Recipes.
That is not all; you can share the pressure cooker recipe that you created with your friends and family over this Wi-Fi pressure cooker, email or any other supported medium.
This app has some notable advantages as well. You can monitor temperature increase or decrease per 32 seconds. Also, people can use the preloaded recipes that come with this app. I went camping with this pressure cooker. This cool app even calculated the altitude for me. I adjusted my cooking time for recipes based on the output.
The best thing is, you can upgrade the existing functions and recipes with this app.
Cleaning IP-Smart is Easy!
One meticulous job is cleaning your cooker after cooking. And electric ones always require special care while cleaning. But with Instant Pot IP-Smart, it is no big deal. The inner pot and the lid are dishwasher friendly. And if you need to clean the bottom of the cooker, you can do it using a damp cloth. Just wipe the outer body and you’ll have a clean pressure cooker.
The lid goes into a part of the outer body of the cooker. That part often proves tough to clean. You can take out the “Pressure Release Valve” to wash it.
Instant Pot IP-Smart is Safe to Cook With
Even with the traditional pressure cookers, at least 3 levels of safety altitudes are necessary. And now that we are talking about an electric pressure cooker, more than 3 levels of safety are essential.
The Bluetooth-enabled stainless steel pressure cooker has been certified safe by UI and ULC. It is provided with 10 safety altitudes so that cooking with this kitchenware is totally risk-free. Let me give you a rundown on each of the 10 safety measures.
- Safety Lid Lock prevents accidental opening of the lid when the cooker is pressurized.
- Pressure regulator Keeps the pressure within safety limit of 15 psi.
- Leaky Lid Smart Detection system helps you to seek out leaks in the lid.
- Magnetic Sensor for Lid Position Detection keeps an eye so that the hood is set in the right (safe) way for pressure cooking.
- Automatic Pressure Control lessens the pressure count when things get tricky for safety.
- Excess Pressure Protection system releases excess pressure into an internal chamber if such a time comes.
- Automatic Temperature Control regulates the temperature according to your recipe type.
- High-Temperature Monitoring prevents your food from burning.
- Fuse system cuts off power supply if any emergency occurs.
Pros of the Pressure Cooker
- This is a Multifunctional electric pressure cooker.
- Instant Pot IP-Smart has Bluetooth 4.0. One can control it from distance with the help of a free app from Android/iPhone/iPad.
- You can upgrade the functions of the pressure cooker using the app.
- Instant Pot IP-Smart has all the benefits of an electric pressure cooker.
- This cooker is fit for both right and left-handed users.
- Inner pot of the Instant Pot Smart Pressure Cooker is made of 18/8 food grade 304 stainless steel.
- The pot and the lid are dishwasher safe.
- IP-Smart supports 14 built-in programs.
- It supports programs like dual pressure, keep-warm mechanism, 3 temperatures for sautéing.
- 10 safety altitudes make this cooker perfect for cooking.
- This cooker has been UI & ULC certified for safety measures.
Cons of the Pressure Cooker
- It’s too extravagantly priced, even considering the Bluetooth feature.
- Quantity is not mentioned in the cooking time guidelines, so you would just have to find the right amount through usage.
- You must be within Bluetooth range to use it to control the cooker.
- You must have an Android, iPhone or iPad mobile phone to enjoy its Bluetooth feature.
Frequently Asked Questions about Instant Pot IP Smart Pressure Cooker
How different is this Instant Pot Smart Pressure Cooker from Instant Pot Ip-DUO60?
The difference is in how “Keep Warm” feature works in the case of two cookers. Instant Pot-IP Smart Pressure Cooker has three different temperature levels when it comes to keeping warm. You can keep it to default (the normal one) or change it to less or more. The Instant Pot IP-DUO60 has one level for only.
Can I use this cooker as a slow cooker as well?
You can. Just purchase a separate glass lid for the cooker and you are good to go. Or you can open up the steam vent when you are cooking. It does the same thing.
Can I use it for “Deep Frying”?
Instant Pot IP-Smart Pressure Cooker review says that it boils water perfectly. So, the temperature is somewhere around 213 degree. But using it to deep fry things might ruin things for the interior of the pot.
Takeaways from Instant Pot IP-Smart Pressure Cooker Review
Do you think this is the type of pressure cooker you need? After going through this Instant Pot IP-Smart Pressure Cooker Review, you should now have all the info about this item.
In my opinion, cooking with this pressure cooker is as easy as breathing. It may be a bit pricey, but this machine is worth the money. There are Instant Pot Pressure Cooker models that are cheaper than Instant Pot IP-Smart. For example, Instant Pot IP-LUX60 can be an option. But for simplified yet stylish cooking, Instant Pot IP-Smart Bluetooth Enabled Multifunctional Pressure Cooker should be the obvious choice.